The Cutout Bin

A collection of discarded or otherwise forgotten music.

-My fileserver is free, and you get what you pay for... so try rightclicking the mp3s and selecting "save link target as". You may have to do it more than once.

-Please see post #1 "Begin the begin" (3/24/06) for the raison d'etre for this blog. If you object to your music being posted here, email me and I will remove it.

My Photo
Name:

Repo Man's got all night, every night...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Begin the begin...

Hello, and welcome to The Cutout Bin. The concept here is to post mp3s of hopelessly obscure music, using the power of the internet to give it the exposure it has so cruelly been denied. Oh, who am I kidding- the only people who will ever see this are my friends and the band members who stumble across their own names. Anyway, here are the ground rules:

1. If anyone objects to their music being posted here, let me know and I will delete it. Simple as that- no need for a lawyer, you aren't getting my dog anyway.

2. The focus is on obscure music- most never commercially released, or at least no longer in print. I'm not trying to take money out of anyone's pocket.

3. I'm also focusing on bands I either knew personally, or at least saw live.

4. A lot of this stuff is being transferred from cassette, so fidelity will be lacking at times. If this causes undue bother, feel free to pick up a Britney Spears CD and shoot yourself.

5. I will attempt to update with a new band weekly.

6. There will be NO rule #6.

7. There will be exceptions to all these rules at some point, save #1.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lobsterman said...

That's what I've been told.

I hear some bands (like Schooner, for example) make tens of dollars.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or as Dan Zapruder once said, it's all about the Washingtons.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be doing a podcast, too.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home