The Cutout Bin

A collection of discarded or otherwise forgotten music.

-My fileserver is free, and you get what you pay for... so try rightclicking the mp3s and selecting "save link target as". You may have to do it more than once.

-Please see post #1 "Begin the begin" (3/24/06) for the raison d'etre for this blog. If you object to your music being posted here, email me and I will remove it.

My Photo
Name:

Repo Man's got all night, every night...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rude Guru


One of my Swedish internet pals is a guy named Markbase (Above, dig the SG. Please tell me you weren't playing through that Peavey!). I suppose he really isn't an "internet" pal because I've actually met him (and torn up bars in Goteborg with him), and he's not really Swedish (British/Canadian), but he does live there.

In any event, he was in the Montreal band Rude Guru during the late '80s. One of the guys from the band has set up a website where you can hear some of their music- it certainly seems as if a future member of the Barenaked Ladies was in attendance at their shows, taking notes.

Mark's musings on life, the universe, and the failings of the Swedish government can be read here, and come highly recommended.

2 Comments:

Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

You forgot to mention his sublime taste in t-shirts!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mark Base said...

I feel honoured.

Yes, I played through a funky little Peavey, but it was always miked up bigtime.

Was cool to meet you both in Gothengurg.

By the way the most popular of my latest t-shirt acquisitions that I wear to the Charles Dickens pub (among other pubs) here in Helsingborg is one that reads:
"You say tomato
I say fuck you"

It's great. I just tell people not to say "tomato", and when they do, I get to say "fuck you". And they love it, the silly Swedes.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home