The Cutout Bin

A collection of discarded or otherwise forgotten music.

-My fileserver is free, and you get what you pay for... so try rightclicking the mp3s and selecting "save link target as". You may have to do it more than once.

-Please see post #1 "Begin the begin" (3/24/06) for the raison d'etre for this blog. If you object to your music being posted here, email me and I will remove it.

My Photo
Name:

Repo Man's got all night, every night...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Dad is cooler than your Dad


Image hosting by Photobucket




A few weeks ago, my Dad took a trip down to the Mississippi delta to see the roots of the Blues. While there, he went to a series of unbelievably run-down juke joints (some that I'd think twice about going into) and took in some real, no-bullshit blues including convicted murderer T-Model Ford (pictured above). An interviewer once asked Ford how many times he'd been to jail, and he replied "I dunno, how many?" before settling on "pretty much every Saturday for awhile." That'd be enough to give ME the blues.

http://www.homestead.com/ricksaunders/tmodel.html

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Base said...

My dad's been to prison for making money. It's true! A counterfeiting mastermind (Well, he would have been a mastermind had he gotten away with it). Dammit.

12:14 PM  
Blogger High Priestess Kang said...

Well...I love Skip. I really do...but is he really cooler than Elliot?

Sorry...loyal daughter says, "no."

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lobsterman said...

Understandable, oh green and tentacled one. I would expect no less.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no way, man. my dad is WAY cooler than...hey, wait a minute...

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home